Under 10 ingredients, but tastes like you've been working on them all day. This is my kind of recipe. It is Cook Something Bold Day and one of my favorite bold flavors is lemon.
I found this recipe while stumbling around on Pinterest and gave it a whirl this past weekend. It was super simple with a big flavor payoff.
Serve them while they're still warm or rewarm them in the microwave. You gotta let that glaze melt a bit and get all gooey... yummy!
Lemon Monkey Bread
12 Rhodes dinner rolls, thawed but still cold
Zest of 1 lemon
1/2 cup sugar
3 tablespoons melted butter
1/2 cup powdered sugar
1 tablespoon lemon juice
1. Cut rolls in half and place in a greased 9x13" pan.
2. Drizzle the rolls with melted butter
3. Mix lemon zest and sugar together in a small bowl. Sprinkle half of the lemon sugar mixture over the rolls. Cover and let raise till doubled.
4. Sprinkle remaining sugar mixture on top. Bake at 350 for 20-25 minutes. Slide rolls onto serving platter.
5. Combine glaze ingredients. Drizzle over rolls while still warm.
See the original recipe source HERE